Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day Minus 2 - A Little Green Around the Gills

Day Zero is the day I will get the stem cells, which so far looks like it will be Friday, so counting backwards makes this day minus 2.

The chemo caught up with me a little bit today. I asked for some Zofran at 5:30 this morning. Zofran is the good stuff that makes nausea go away. They wake me up every morning at 4:00 to get vital signs and then they wake me up again at 5:00 for blood. Then they wake me up at 5:30 to pick up the wet towels and leave clean linen. So by that point this morning I was awake enough to know that I didn't feel so hot.

So after the Zofran I slept until 7:30 when they woke me up again. So I got up, got dressed, ordered breakfast and made a couple of laps around the floor. Later on I made a few more laps. The nausea has degraded to a low grade blah. The doctor making the rounds about noon didn't understand the term "blah" but the 3 or 4 nurses and techs, all female, making the rounds with him understood the term very well. Must be moms.

This is my day off, so I'm lying low. But here at mid afternoon I'm getting a little case of cabin fever, so it's time for more laps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home