Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day 6 Is Over

The Rituxan infusion went fine today. It sure was a big bag, though. We started it at 9:00 this morning and didn't get done until almost 4:00 this afternoon. The Benadryl in the IV did the trick, so I slept through much of the day. I still got in some walking, though.

The white counts are still in the tank. But the red counts are hanging in there. The platelet count is trending downward and was at 47 this morning. 20 is the magic number for a transfusion. The hemoglobin is still pretty good at 11.1.

Apparently with a MUD (matched unrelated donor) it takes a little longer for the counts to come up. Related donor transplants are quicker. They draw blood every morning at 5:30, so by 8:00 the results are back. I keep hoping we'll see them bounce a little here any day.

Not much going on here. I do have a nice view out of my window. I can look out towards the southwest and see Reliant Stadium where the Texans (NFL) play. It has a retractable roof which is pretty cool. It has been open the last several days getting some sunshine on the grass. Just to the left of the new stadium is the old Astrodome. I'm not sure what they use it for but they didn't tear it down.

So much for Day 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home