Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Game Is On - Transplant Game That Is

The second donor is willing and available, so here we go again.

All I know about the donor is that she is female, 30 years old, never been pregnant, and is kind enough to be in the bone marrow registry. "Pregnant?" you ask. Believe it or not if a woman has never been pregnant she is a better donor. Somehow pregnancy messes with the DNA which can subsequently cause rejection issues (GvHD) with the recipient patient. So that is a major issue and one that the bone marrow registry people track. That is how I know. Otherwise the donor and the patient remain anonymous for at least a year.

The tentative date for the transplant is October 5 or 6. The actual date is called "Day Zero" and you count from there - for the rest of your life I imagine. Actually I lost count on the first one. Oops. Oh well, it didn't work anyway.

There will be lots of testing and scans between now and then. Oh boy!

3 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,
Hi there! Just want you to know that you have never left my thoughts or my prayers and I have checked your blog religiously for information. I pray that this stem cell transplant works and for you to have the peace of mind that God will take care of you!
Much love, Cathy

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Im glad you have this blog- its a very straight forward way of me getting the facts. And maybe you can make a book out of it one day! lol.
I just wanted to say that I miss you and I love you. Oh yeah, and I think that you are great ;)
Love you, Dad.
-Alli pally

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and Lynda made it to South Bend. On top of this a huge win.

Clemson is coasting after winning the Bowden Bowl. After beating Monroe, LA and having to play Furman a Division II team this week, we should be fully rested for Tech in two weeks. I think this will be a very good game.

Speaking of good games, Tech and BC this weekend. Bacause it is a late game on Saturday after all our soccer games, the girls and I will be downtown cheering on the Yellow Jackets.

GO Tech! (at least for this week)

John C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home