Thursday, February 07, 2008

Day 90

Thanks for all the comments. I love reading them. Anna, do you really think I could be an Austin resident? I would love to and I've never been there before.

Anna's husband, John, is going through a difficult time right now and is back on G11 for treatment of pneumonia and a fungal (maybe) infection in the brain. Anna is, of course, going through it with him, and I'm sure it is rough on her too. John and Anna are real troopers and have been an inspiration to me. So please add them to your prayer list.

A friend of mine from my old TEC group is here having undergone treatment and surgery for a rare GI tumor. Then this afternoon they called him in for a thyroid biopsy and found he has thryroid cancer, too. Fortunately, the prognosis is good for both.

So I'm not alone on my roller coaster ride.

I saw Dr. Hosing today in clinic. She said I could go home after scans next week as far as the transplant department is concerned. We still have the problem with the nodes, though. But we're working on getting on the Sunesis study. I have to talk with Dr. Tam tomorrow. I might have to have some chemo to shrink the nodes real quick. We have to keep the tumor load down so that the graft has a chance to work its GvL magic on the disease. Dr. Hosing said that the graft can still defeat the disease but we have to keep the tumor load down, otherwise the lymphoma will grow faster than the graft can work.

Hopefully, I can get on the Sunesis study and the "drug" will be effective. Theoretically, it could cure the disease by itself. That's still something of a long shot given the experimental nature of the study. But I'm looking forward to trying it.

More later after I talk to Tam or Keating.

4 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maximus,

Keep your chin up. Like you told me awhile ago...this is a very delicate and long process. Keep the info coming. We are all thinking of you and Lynda and praying for you.
I check in on you every day.

Alan

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Max, Hey Lynda. Don't check in to often, but I read the blogs at least 3 x a week and Mom keeps me posted. We continue to pray for you. Your love ones in Florida wish you well.
Suzanne

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, thanks for all the info; we check in each day. We constantly remember you, Lynda & the girls in thoughts & prayers. Our prayers are that you can get on the Sunesis Study and that the "drug" will be effective. God bless you each step of the way. H & A.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Sorry I have been off line for a couple of weeks. I call you sometime this week and tell you all the boring details in person.

I will give you hint... My office window has changed, now I have a view of a big "TECH" sign that lights up at night. By the way, do you could pull some strings and have someone turn down the megawatts on that sign? The back of my head is getting crispy from all the electromagnetic discharge!

I hope you are feeling better today.

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home