Saturday, January 26, 2008

Steady Progress

I got another big bag of Rituxan on Thursday. It didn't wipe me out as much as the previous two weeks' infusion did. I'm not sure what that implies, though. Probably nothing, so I'll gladly take it.

The blood Tacro level slipped to 4.3 from 4.5 so they upped the Tacro dose to 2 mg in the morning and 2 mg in the evening. I think we will still have a target as low as possible without bringing on GvHD. That will still require a little tweaking before they let me go home.

They reduced the Medrol dosage down to 96 mg a day and will reduce it further on Monday. All the skin GvHD is just about gone, so that will allow them to back off on the Medrol. At the same time you have to decrease Medrol slowly for a couple of different reasons. So it will be a few weeks before I'm completely off of it.

I suggested that I increase the number of magnesium pills I'm taking each day so that they can get me off the magnesium IV. They'll have to have me on all magnesium pills by the time they send me home. So you know what I'm thinking.

I'll be back in clinic on Monday as usual. I'll see Dr. Keating and Dr. Tam on Tuesday to get their assessment of things and get orders for one more round of Rituxan. Dr. Hosing has been out of town for two weeks, but I'll see her again on Thursday.

They have me scheduled for restaging (BMA, CT scan, PET scan) the week of February 11.

Thanks for checking up on me.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, good to hear of the steady progress. We pray for great reports from Feb. 11 testing. Keep looking up. H & A.

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maximus,

Good to hear some good reports from you. Keep your chin up...you'll make it through. Changing the subject a little...
I'd love to hear your take on the up coming super bowl. Looks like it could actually be a good game. I'm hoping for another Manning win.
Talk at you later. As always, you are in our constant prayers.

CC

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, just a note to let you know you are in our prayers and you know Tom can pray real good LOL. Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it ain't no dang ole train.

Tom and Beckey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home