Monday, September 11, 2006

Day +10

Time flies when you're having fun. Uh ........ yeah.

The fever was better today. In fact it was gone much of the morning. It's back up a little this evening. I felt well enough this morning to do 5 laps, but I haven't done much since then. I've been a real couch potato. It should be better tomorrow, the third day of antibiotics.

The doctor said this was pretty normal. When your white counts are this low for this long you can't help but get something. I told her I wanted to get back to being her text book boring patient.

This doctor, Dr. Shpall, is a she. She has kids and one wants to be an engineer. So she heard me going on about the Tech/ND game and asked about Tech and Atlanta. She asked if I knew the fight song and I told her I could sing it in my sleep. The next day she made me sing it. Keep in mind it wasn't just her there, but her entourage of 5 other women were there, too. I was a little embarassed but I didn't miss a word. Too bad there was a Virginia Tech grad and a Maryland grad in the entourage.

Trivia question. What school has all of its engineering programs ranked in the top 10 in the country? You guessed it -- Tech. Thanks to oldest daughter Laura, a UGA grad, for finding that fact. Laura could sing the Tech fight song at age 4 and went to most of the home games with me between age 4 and 18.

It's time for a couple of laps before bedtime. Not that "bedtime" counts for anything in the hospital. They wake you up constantly for something, or you have to go to the bathroom because they are pumping bag after bag of fluids in you.

The white count this morning, by the way, was 0.2, still pretty much nothing. The good news is that the platelet count was up for the 2nd day in a row, and the hemoglobin is trying to stabilize around 10.4. So we'll see what the whites look like tomorrow.

8 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am an embarrassment to UGA. Ha! I am going tailgating for the UGA/UAB game this weekend. Wonder who's going to win...

Mom said you got a new phone #, but I couldn't write it down and race up 316 at the same time. Call me with it later?

If the platelets and hemoglobins are doing well, does that mean the white will likely follow suit?

Still waiting to learn the other verses to the fight song... will have to ask Lindsay Bramblett.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a test response

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,we appreciate getting the updates. Denise and I are learning a lot. We think about you every day and look forward to getting you back home. Keep up the good work even if it is boring. Take care. Jim & Denise.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,
You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Cathy

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m a Ramblin’ Wreck From Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.
A helluva helluva helluva helluva helluvan engineer.
I drink to all the fellows, I drink my whiskey clear, I’m a Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.
Oh, If I had a daughter, sir, I’d dress her in White and Gold.
And put her on the campus to cheer the brave and bold.
And if I had a son, sir, I’ll tell you what he’d do, He would yell "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA" like his daddy used to do.
I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds, A college bell to put it in, and a clapper to stir it round.
I’d drink to all the fellows who come from far and near, I’m a ramblin wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer, Hey!

That was all from memory :)
I love you soooo much! I miss you. Sorry I havent gotten on here before- I knew it would make me cry. I love you Papa Bear.
Love,
Alli

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alli, that's a hard act to follow! I'm a UGA fan by birth, but that GT song is the best around!

Go Tech...too!

Bro from Conyers

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Never could understand why the son got to yell "to hell with Georgia." Alli and I yelled it with the best of them! Go Jackets! Woof Woof!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DADDY!!!

ok guys...did ya'll forget about me or somehting?! Because, as i recall i was singing it just as loud as i could! and yes, i do know the words and i wea rmy GT t-shirt very frequently...AND plus i even had tech socks and a tech cheerleading outfit. o yea and plus i'm taking a boring drafting class...that i chose to do and last time i checked i was going to be the ARCHITECT and maybe go to tech....hmm yea just let that one sit for a while. haha i'm just kidding (mom made me write that, the jk part)

o and btw....I LOVE YOU DADDY!!!!
talk tomorrow
see you next weekend.
o and the math, it all just came to me tonight...it was insane.

o yea and although this page is for DAD....ALLI- mom aays to let us know your alive...since you NEVER answer your phone and first day of shcools tomorrow....
muh fuh ugh ugg iss to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home