Friday, October 06, 2006

Day 35

It's Friday, so I'm finishing up my last trip to the ATC for the week. I got the usual stuff, magnesium sulfate, phoscarnet, and immunoglobulin, plus a Neupogen shot for good measure. So far no fever, no stomach problems, and no skin rashes.

I'm sitting here in a room on the 10th floor in the ATC which has a full window wall with a nice view to the south. The Rotary House is across the street. This was the room that Ann Richards, the former Texas governor who died a couple of weeks ago, used. Not that I'm a big Ann Richards fan, but the room has some notoriety because of her. I hope this room brings me better luck than it did her! LOL

I got the CT scan report back on Wednesday. It was fairly easy to read and said that many of the lymph nodes had decreased in size, many remained the same size, and just one had grown ever so slightly. Given that I didn't engraft until day 12, the new system seems to being doing some good against the CLL already.

I got a copy of the bone marrow aspiration (BMA) report today. Now that is a little more complicated. If you think the monoclonal antibody subject is complicated you wouldn't want to tackle the BMA report. I've got a little homework to do over the weekend to decipher that one. The one thing that I did pick out of the report that I understood was that the percentage of lymphocytes in the bone marrow was in the normal range. Even though it's very early in the process I like good news of any kind.

I'll see Dr. Khouri on Monday, so I plan to be loaded with questions. He is a quiet man with a Lebanese accent, so communciation can be a little difficult, especially when we are both wearing masks. Up to this point we haven't had much of substance to talk about since it's so early in the transplant process. But these two reports will change that. I finally got Dr. Keating, my leukemia doctor, trained to sit still long enough so I could quiz him real good. Now I've got to break in another one. LOL

I'm looking forward to the weekend "off." I might even be able to get the Tech/Maryland game on TV here, since I think we get ESPNU in the hotel.

Go Jackets !! Let's hope the Fridge doesn't surprise us.

BTW, the Tennessee game isn't going to be pretty for you Dawgs out there. It's going to be hard to win when the offense is so anemic. Too many QB's to choose from and Tennessee's QB is set.

My predictions: Tech 35 Terps 17. Vols 24 Dawgs 13

5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ann Richards was awesome. She wrote a "How to Be a Good Republican" list that had me rolling.

Good news that the new bone marrow is doing it's job!

You'll have to call me with Tech updates during the game, I'll be tailgating for the UGA game. I don't know about your predictions... I think it'll be Tech 24 Maryland 17 and UGA 14 UT 17. UGA may have a shaky offense, but I don't think the defense will let the Vols score much. Hope I'm wrong and UGA wins though!

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

Glad to hear your situation is steadily improving. Good news!
Tech is definately a team to standup and pay attention to.
As for UGA/UT...I am afraid you're right on that one. I won't be shocked if UT beats them decisively. (I hope I'm wrong too, Laura!) Should be an exciting game though.
Talk to you later. Enjoy your time with sis!

Bro from Conyers

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, sounds as if things are going in the right direction for you. Enjoy the game. Hope to hear more good news soon. Herbert & Ann

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict Dawgs 30, Vols 13. Their offense may not be so anemic.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Turkey!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for your blog. Fantastic! Glad you're doing well and keeping the staff in line. Now is the time you can adopt a new identity in front of them, too. One day, tell them, all of a sudden, you can speak German. Then be Ronald Reagan for a day. Just don't be a UGA grad, they'll know you're kidding. Go Jack-ETS!

Hope to see you soon -- Randy & Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home