Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 8 Drawing to a Close

Whew! It's been a rough three days, but I started feeling better this afternoon. Apparently the chemo tore up my stomach lining. It also blistered my face, so my face is now peeling.

I'm now running a low grade fever which is very common when you go for a week with no white count, so they have started me on IV antibiotics. Although they do run blood tests to see if they pick up any bugs, it's pretty much a shotgun approach - fire at everything and hopefully hit the right thing.

I suspect I'm not going to feel a whole lot better until the donor cells engraft and start to grow some white cells, probably in about a week.

The nurse is about to hang a second bag of blood on my IV tree. Hemoglobin was down to 7.1, so that didn't help. But two bags of blood today should make me more energetic tomorrow.

How about Bama getting beat by UL - Monroe! Maybe the ugly win by Tech today will finish off Gailey's tenure. I was disappointed that Vandy let TN come back. Georgia's on a roll. The Tech game will be uuuuugly next Saturday. Maybe that will finish off Gailey. He's Tech's answer to Jim Donnan.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, we felt sure things were'nt going well since your last post was Thursday(Day 6). Thanks for the info. Praying tomorrow will be better. God bless. H & A.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open Circle is keeping up with you, and were concerned about the lack of football forecasts last week. We are all cheering for you and hope tomorrow is better. JM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home