Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day One

Yesterday was a rough day. I got the stem cells starting about noon and finished them about 6:00. But the chemo from the previous week caught up with me, so I was a little under the weather. Luckily, the benadryl through the IV knocked me out much of the afternoon and evening.

This morning I feel better. The nausea has died down and the old body seems to be shaking off the chemo a little.

Last transplant I engrafted on Day 12, so I have a week or more to just hang out and wait for that to happen again. They tell me that I haven't seen the last of the effects of the chemo. So I could have a few more rough days ahead. We'll see. I'm just going to make a few laps around the floor and watch some football this afternoon - no surprise there.

I did so poorly with my predictions last week I hesitate to go on record with more this week. But, what the heck. I'll take Tech over Duke, that's safe enough.

What about Auburn at Georgia? The visiting team wins this one a lot. So I'll go with Auburn.

Arkansas at Tennessee? Arkansas looked sharp against So. Carolina last week, but I don't think they're consistent enough to do it again. Vols in this one.

Clemson over Wake. VT over FSU. Florida over So. Carolina, but there is the Spurrier factor there.

Miami in an upset over UVA. UVA just can't keep winning games by a single point. And this game is in Miami.

Ohio State over Illinois in Columbus. I don't think the Buckeyes will let this one slip away.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you feel better and better each day. You are an inspiration to us all. Gooo Dogs and Jackets!! Was good to hear from Lynda yesterday. We pray for a great reading on day 30. H & A

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, I'm not sure how to send a message, But I'll try.
Know that I'm praying for you every day. V.Day

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, your attitude is as powerful as the Chemo, etc., but your football picks just have too much thought and logic to work for teams of 18 to 22 year olds. Too much parity, but isn't that what makes college football so much better than the pros? Now an article in the newspaper that someone has sold steriods to Falcons' (also Dallas) players - the Birds obviously have too much time on their hands.
We are keeping track of your progress and pulling for you on every down - Remember those Bulldogs under Doley with 3 yards and a cloud of dust won a lot of games. Just keep making progress and know you have a lot of friends on your team.

Charlie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home