Monday, November 05, 2007

Day Minus 3

And things are still going well. It's 1:30 here and I'm finishing up my first dose of something called Thymoglobulin which is the main ingredient in the cocktail that will kill off my bone marrow. I'll get two more days of this, increasing the dosage each day.

They started that off with IV Benadryl which knocks me right out. So I'm just now waking up and getting coherent again today. Sleeping through as much of this as possible is not bad. It can be rather boring. I'll perk up here in another hour or so and go walk a few laps.

Tomorrow will be my last doses of Etoposide and Cytarabine. Both of those are chemos that kill leukemia and lymphoma. I'm sure at these doses they also help to kill the marrow.

As far as I know, we are still on track to get the donor cells on Thursday. That really depends on how long it takes to harvest the cells from the donor and how long a plane ride it is from the donor's collections center.

Alan, all I can say is "Woof, woof." At least the pups know how to win a few games. Heck I might even convert if we keep Gailey. What am I saying?! Obviously still delirious from the Benadryl.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Our next big hurdle is the degree that the door cells engraft. That will be measured at Day 30. We need a reading in the upper 90's.

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dad!
youre doing great! i think about all day everyday. cant wait to see you on thanksgiving.
love you,
alli

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you convert we'll need to swap the Yellow Jacket cushion that we bought for your birthday for a Bulldog cushion. Woof! Woof! H & A

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here for you Max! You're in our thoughts and prayers daily!

Conyers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home