Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back in Houston

I'm in a hospital room waiting for a telemetry room to become available. The telemetry room is where the Sunesis drug will be infused. Due to possible side effects, of which they have had none to date, they infuse the drug while you are constantly monitored. That is telemetry, automatic and constant monitoring. The infusion will last 6 hours and 15 minutes plus set up time and disconnect time. So that is probably an 8 hour process. Subsequent infusions don't have to be monitored like this, just the very first one. It's 11:45 a.m. now so it looks like this is still going to be a very long day.

The GvHD cleared up last week, although there is still a little here and a little there. But I can keep that under control with the Tacro pills and the steroid cream and mouth rinse. The GvHD flared up after the chemotherapy a few weeks ago. They warned me that might happen. I wonder if it will try to flare up after the Sunesis drug infusion. Nobody really knows.

I'll post more tomorrow after we see how the infusion goes.

6 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

Lifting extra special prayer today - keep us updated.
charles and Teresa

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you last week at church! Know we are keeping you and Lynda in our thoughts and prayers especially with this treatment!

Take Care! Tom and Debbie

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to be with you, Lynda and the girls Sunday. Keeping you all in prayer and looking forward to reading more info. God bless each step of the way with everything. H & A.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was great to see you as you were off to Houston the other day! You're in our constant prayers. Keep us posted and hang in there.

CC

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well Max.
You are in my prayers.
Tyler

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Sorry we missed you at Church on Sunday!

I hope your telemetry went as planned and that you are back home soon.

On a more fun note, Tech's spring game is only 5 weeks away! I hope you are feeling well enough to go.
If you decide to go and want company, give me a call, if I can work around the girls soccer schedule, I will go with you.

Take care.

John C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home