Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Day 47

Well, I am almost half way through the 100 day wait period.

I got more information back Monday from the bone marrow aspiration. Apparently the new cells generated from donor cells comprise 92% of the blood cells. That's probably pretty good. But since that sample was taken just 2 1/2 weeks after the new cells began to engraft, it's still preliminary. But still 92% at that point sounds good to me.

The 92% is an average. The white cells were 67% new cells. And the red blood cells were 95% new cells. An average by volume gives 92% overall.

The red count continues to climb steadily although slowly. The white count continues to bounce. I had another Neupogen shot Monday, so the white count was still above minimum levels today. One of these days they will hold above the minimum level for 5 or more days, and then I'll have that behind me. Maybe that will be this Friday.

At this point I am just waiting for the counts to stabilize and climb into the normal range. Also continuing to watch for signs of GvHD, graft versus host disease. That, I guess, is why they keep you around here on average for 100 days post transplant. It just takes a while for all that to take place.

I am feeling good and working out about 5 days a week in the fitness center in the hotel. I am able to get some work done between infusions and blood work and generally running back and forth.

Should be a great football weekend. After reading John's comment, though, I'm not sure Tech should even show up Saturday. LOL That will be a tough game. Georgia should handle Mississippi State easily. After missing my call on the Florida/Auburn game I better stop at that.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tech over Clemson by a field goal.

Did you watch the UF/Auburn game?! It was AWESOME. Go Auburn! Go anyone who plays UF!

Don't be so sure about UGA easily beating Miss St. Though Stafford is starting and he isn't GA's worst QB. They'll win, but not by much.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,
It's good to have Lynda back, but I am sure you miss her. We had a great time catching up at lunch yesterday. I think that with her help and reading your blog, I am really getting the hang of what is going on with you! I will be ready for the test at the end!!! Congrats on the 92%...I know that makes you feel good and progress is progress! You are still in my prayers daily. BTW, what do you think about Auburn? Ali and I are going to the Auburn/Tulane game this weekend!!!
Cathy

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Clemson by 8. That's what we're going with!!!! We leave Saturday morning for Tiger Town to get things DONE. Hope you continue to feel better and your numbers keep improving - your numbers NOT Tech's!!!

Love, Deb & Tom

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home