Saturday, October 06, 2007

Throat's Better, Still Running a Fever

They moved the transplant date up a day at the donor's request to the 18th. So that will cut my week short.

I got my blood counts run yesterday. And after three days of Neupogen shots my white counts have come up a little bit, but only a little bit. So that would account for why my throat feels just a little bit better. I'm still running a low grade fever. It's going to come down to the wire for Wednesday when I go back to Houston. If the throat hasn't healed and the fever isn't gone, we'll have to put it off again. Putting it off isn't a great idea at this point, because that gives the disease more time to come back - the nodes are already beginning to get a little bigger. Plus you still have to fit the donor's schedule. I'll keep up the Neupogen shots through Monday and get the counts checked again Tuesday.

Getting everything to line up just right for a transplant is always tricky. Last year it took two months to get everything to work out right.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are following your blog installments. Please keep them up when you can. We are thinking of and praying for you. John and Lynda May

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Max,

John and I are praying that you stop being so difficult and get all you ducks in a row. We love you and can hardly wait to have you back to your 100%.

Robin Chiang

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afternoon Max..........just got your blog web address.I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts everyday and wish you the best.Big John and Leah Tolar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home