Monday, October 22, 2007

Counts Still Low - More Platelets

Got my blood checked (CBC - complete blood count) this morning. I consumed the platelets from last Friday plus some. Platelet count was down to 13,000 from 17,000 Friday before the transfusion. I knew it was lower because of a little bloody nose Sunday. With low platelets you bruise and bleed easily.

Hemoglobin was up to 8.6 from 8.0 Friday, so we opted to wait on a red blood transfusion today. We'll check the CBC again Wednesday morning. Hemoglobin of 8.6 is way down from a norm of 14 for a healthy male, but I can function okay at this level and above. My normal hemoglobin on good days is about 11. So, at 8.6 I'm a little draggy and tired, but still fairly functional - until the evening when I crash.

The white blood counts are still next to nothing. The lab techs still have to count them manually under a microscope. I've got another week of low counts probably. And then it's off to Houston to completely kill them off. Whew.

No definite word from the donor yet. MD has requested a transplant date between November 5 and 9 from the donor.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Max. I hope at least you are enjoying your time at home.

Keep in mind our offer for next week.

As for Football, I watched the game thinking that Aurburn was going to pull it off a big upset.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, thanks for the update. Know you are ejoying time home with Lynda and the girls. Keeping you all in thought & prayer. H & A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home