Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blood Transfusion Today

The CBC (complete blood count) today at noon showed that my platelet count was up to 33,000. But the hemoglobin had slipped to 8.4. The white count is still virtually non-existent.

So, with the hemoglobin down, it was time for a blood transfusion. I'm getting two units of red blood now. It's about 4:30 and I'm half way through the second bag of blood. It takes an hour and a half to infuse a unit of blood. I have been dragging all week due to the low red count, so it was time to get the blood. Maybe the counts will hold up when I get them checked again Friday morning.

Still no word from the donor. I did get a message from my transplant coordinator that they would initiate the request again. I'm a little nervous about that.

I'm still laying low trying to make sure I don't catch anything. The white count should begin to come up in the next few days which will give me a little cushion against infections.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max and Lynda, Just wanted you to know your family in Florida think pray for you daily. Lynda, I wish we were closer so I could spend some time with ya'll. Max, I am impressed. You sound like Dookie Howser, MD with all your lingo!! Keep positive. We love you. Suzanne and Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home