Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ahhhh - Football

Saturday morning, so I'm late with my predictions, worthless though they may be. But here goes.

Tech will beat Army by two touchdowns. Tech, under Gailey, has been reluctant to run up the score against the service academies. Plus I don't think Army will let them any way. Tech will pull away in the 4th quarter due to more depth.

Georgia won't lose, since they have the week off. Florida will probably kill them next week. But Georgia will be coming off an off week, and UF will be coming off of two tough games against LSU and KY. That could be an upset, but not one I'll predict just yet. The Gators have had the pups number for a long long time.

Speaking of UF and KY. Can KY do it again? Going out on a limb, I think they can. Another big game for them today and a big W.

Auburn at LSU. I don't think AU has the offense to win in at LSU. Heck, they just barely put enough points to beat Arkansas last week. I like their defense, but it won't be enough.

South Carolina will beat Vandy in Columbia. But Vandy will put up a good fight. Why has no one else hired Bobby Johnson from Vandy? Tech, are you listening? If you can field a decent team at Vandy you could probably do it almost anywhere. Same for Jim Grobe at Wake Forest, but he apparently loves Winson Salem.

Michigan at Illinois. Who would have thought Ron Zook, formerly of UF, could turn around the Illini when he stunk so badly at UF? If Michigan can lose to App Sate in Ann Arbor, they are more than capable of losing at Illinois, But Michigan is a better team than they were early on and I think the glass slipper will come off of Zook's tootsies. Michigan in this one.

Ohio State vs. Michigan State in Columbus? OSU in this one. They like being numero uno and they have a great program. Did you see the article on them in the Wall Street Journal yesterday?

Last but not least Tennessee vs. Bama. Go Vols. I just don't like Bama, due to past bad blood between Tech and Alabama and I don't like Saban much better. Tennessee is better than many people give them credit. Vols will win a fairly tight one - watch out for Bama in the 4th quarter, though.

Oops, I almost forgot - Miami at FSU. Ha ha ha. Who the heck cares!!! The mighty have fallen, but I'll take FSU at home, anyway.

Same could be said for UVA at Maryland. Both have beaten Tech, but should not have. Thanks Chan for two poorly coached games. I have to take Maryland at home, just because I like Fridge and think the Cavs will start to wilt during the last part of the season.

BTW, don't put any money any of these games based upon my predictions. They are worth just what you paid for them. Zilcho.

Corso, give me a call. That previous disclaimer doesn't apply to you. I'll have my cell on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home