Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 64 Football

Rhys, I didn't want to give you an unfair advantage in the office pool, so I waited 'til today to post my predictions. LOL

But, I guess I'd better post my guesses while I still have time.

I think Tech will handle NC State. State can beat anybody, but their season is quickly unraveling and if Tech can get up early it will be a blow out. If Tech sputters in the first half then this will be a game.

Georgia should handle Kentucky. But I do admire KY for scheduling Georgia as their homecoming game. Maybe they know something I don't know. But Georgia has had Kentucky's number for a lot of years, sort of like Florida owning the Bulldogs for so long.

John, you're being modest about Clemson. They will demolish Maryland. The quarterbacks are about equal, but Clemson's line and the home field advantage will be way too much for the Terps. But I do like the fact that the MD QB is an ME major. Very alphabetical today.

The big game in the ACC is Boston College at Wake. I take BC on this one because of injuries at Wake. That will put BC in the driver's seat in that division. Wake still has several tough games left to go this year.

How about Arkansas at South Carolina? I think the poultry will pull an upset in this one. But that might set up Arkansas to beat Tennessee in Fayetteville next week.

Speaking of Tennessee, they will beat LSU in Knoxville I do believe. Home field advantage again being the deciding factor in this one.

VT will beat the failing Miami thugs in Miami.

In this area of the country it's all about the Oklahoma teams coming to Texas. OU at A&M, and Oklahoma State at Texas. I'll take A&M at home and I'll take OSU surprising Texas. UT has just squeaked by for a few weeks, sort of like So. Cal. which lost last week. If OSU had a defense they would really be dangerous.

It's already 65 degrees here and sunny and on its way to 75 and beautiful today. Think I'll go outside for awhile.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad I didn't place my bets based on your predictions! Maryland won!!! Wow. We didn't get the UGA or GT games on TV here, but from the score they both look like they were great games. Saw the GT highlights - they sure like to keep it close! UGA shouldn't even bother to show up to anymore games this year. Tech should beat them easily Thanksgiving weekend. AND you'll be home to watch it! Yea!!! Want some bread pudding?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home