Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 56

I get the impression that orange is not Cathy's favorite color. LOL. Whoa girl, whoa.

Well Dr. Khouri was a "no-show" today. So no firm news on what he might let me do over Thanksgiving. But I have a good feeling I'll get to go home for a few days. He will be making his rounds on Monday, so we'll see then.

The white count was down again today, so I got another Neupogen shot. There is progress being made towards getting me ready to get out of here one day. They reduced my Tacrolimus level last week. This week they are reducing the magnesium levels in the IV and upping the number of magnesium pills that I take.

There's not many interesting football games tomorrow other than the Tech and UGA games. There is, however, the Tennessee game at South Carolina. Hummm, Spurrier may pull off an upset in that one. Give Spurrier another couple of years to recruit and the SEC may have to contend with him again. That's assuming he can get people who actually want to play for him more than they dislike being in Columbia (sorry Carroll). I still have to go with Tennessee in this one, although it will be close. There is no love lost between Phillip Fulmer and Spurrier so that should be a show.

Notre Dame will win easily over Navy because Navy's QB broke his leg in last week's game.

Those are the only games of much interest to most of us. Of course, if you live in Texas you are interested in the Texas and Texas Tech game which Texas will win. Or you might care about Oklahoma losing to Missouri since OK lost Adrian what's his name last week. The Aggies should beat Baylor, but you never know which Aggie team will show up sometimes, plus Baylor has a more competitive team this year than in years past. But those games fall in the "who cares" category if you live east of the Mississippi.

Oops, I forgot about FSU versus Fridge's Turtles (that's Maryland, girls). Who would have thought two or three years ago that this game could be so easily overlooked? What's wrong with FSU this year, other than the fact they just stink? Why can't Tech play them THIS year? It's hard to pick against FSU after so many years of domination in the league, but I reluctantly have to go with the Terps at home in this one.

Ahhhh, college football. That, Frasier reruns, and Texas politics keep me entertained.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Tech game! The Conyers household was all pulling for them today. (wow! all four of us - five counting Mollie)I lost interest in the UGA game after the first play of the second half and turned it to the Tech game. (guess there's hope for me after all!)
Keep us updated. I need to come out for a Sat/Sun.

Big Al

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Called during the Georgia Tech ballgame but no answer. The next 3 calls I answered the phone with "Joes's Pizza" and all callers just knew they had dailed wrong. I was sure one would be you Max. Go Tech!!!!

We have had a full day of football also. Bet you missed the treadmill today.

Sondra
9:25 was 10:25 until 5 minutes ago when I changed clocks. Takes time for me to adjust to the change. Maybe I should go to Arizona. ha!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Turkey,

I did my yelling and it worked. Just want to know when the Jackets are going to stop spotting their opponents 10 points before they decide there is a football game going on. Miami fans in Atlnata were truly shocked. Great feeling.

Sorry we didn't get to see Lynda, but she was busy doing all your chores and learning to drive some little foreign automobile. (Think you're going to have to have some clutch work done) You better get better soon, or you'll be out of some jobs. Actually, good strategy. Enjoy your week with Lynda, relishing in the idea that Tech is something other than a tease when it comes to chasing a championship.

Randy & Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home