Sunday, November 05, 2006

I don't know what they put in my IV Friday.....

but I must have been hallucinating when I made those football predictions! Whew, at least Tech won. And I was happy to see the Hogs win in Columbia, too.

The UGA fans are really ripping Mark Richt (head coach) in the AJC (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) sports blogs. The only thing they haven't accused him of is assassinating JFK. Hummm, maybe that WAS him hiding between the hedges on the grassy knoll.

Who would have thought that Wake Forest would be where they are? And, they really ought to be undefeated - if they hadn't choked in the fourth quarter against Clemson they would be. Funny, now the big game for Tech fans on the Saturday after Thanksgiving might just be Wake Forest vs. Maryland.

After watching Clemson play the last two weeks, I wonder what high school team stole Tech's uniforms and went to Clemson three weeks ago. I don't know if Tech would rather play Wake in the ACC championship game or Maryland a second time. BC isn't completely out of it either. I think I would take my chances against Maryland again.

So much for football (until Thursday night anyway). Dr. Khouri should be making his rounds tomorrow, so I'll get to try to coax more information out of him. At this point, the focus is on the lymph nodes and how much they have come down.

8 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, WFU folks are afraid to think Jacksonville, but Peggy and I are already believe a trip to Florida in the winter would be nice. Other than making one trip to LSU in the late 70's or early 80's (Mackovic era), traveling to football games as a fan just was not part of being a WFU faithful - now basketball is a different subject. But it would really be enjoyable to go down with GA TECH friends for a weekend - you have to admit the thought that WFU and GA TECh would be playing in the conference championship game together (or maybe even individually) has to be a 4th or 5th standard deviation event. Probably will not happen, but it is nice to have dreams.

It is great to hear that you get to come home over Thanksgiving. Once again, you were a good part of our conversation in Sunday School this morning. You continue to be in everyone's prayers, and we are so proud of the progress you are making. Attitude is very important and you surely have "attitude". Keep it up.

Charlie

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got any spare Tech shirts? I just burned all my UGA stuff.
Hope you'll get to come home for Thanksgiving Max! You're a big inspiration to everyone! We keep you in our prayers!

Alan

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, you are such an inspiration to all. We pray you will get to travel home for Thanksgiving. God bless. H & A

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Was seriously questioning your sanity after your predictions. How much long do you think Richt has a UGA? I hear people are looking to take him out...

HA! Go Jackets!!!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Max said...

Laura, I think Mark Richt is a good coach and a good human being. I don't think the current level of criticism is appropriate. He has more class than the last two UGA coaches combined.

I suspect he will be at UGA for a long time or until FSU hires him away. And with the package that UGA gave him that would be very very costly.

Charlie, I don't think Tech wants to play Wake this year. But, you couldn't go wrong by wearing gold to that game. Unfortunately, my doctor won't let me go to any ballgames for awhile, so I'll be watching on the tube.

Alan, I suspect we can round you up a couple of Tech t-shirts. Go Jackets!

Max

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Turkey,

Well, you have to go back to '98. '99 and 2000 to find Tech 7-2 or better at this point in the season. And all of those finished out regular play with a win over the canines. Always satisfying. I still think Durant Brooks is one of the MVPs, and definitely the MVP of the Miami game. Glad to see him get some recognition as one of the semifinalists for the Ray Guy Award. Another Georgia boy, and another punter who won a few games by being a punter.

Sure glad you get to go home for Thanksgiving. Stay strong.

Randy and Kathy

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just saying... you can be a good human being all you want, but if you lose too many times UGA will send out a lynch mob for you. I think when UGA finds a decent QB things will improve though. This is quite a turn around for you - defending UGA! I almost spewed my coffee this AM when I read that, lol!

Either way, I'll proudly display my GA Tech attire at the year UGA GT game in ATH.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Max,
Long time, no blog! I have missed reading your entries!
Walton High football is still going strong...one last game Friday night against Wheeler (away) and we are in the playoffs!
So if you get discouraged with the college football stuff, you can always count on the Raiders!
Keeping my fingers crossed that Thanksgiving works out...that will truly be something to be Thankful for!
Prayers and Blessings sent your way, Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home