Sunday, April 27, 2008

6th Infusion Delayed

Dr. Keating decided to delay giving me the 6th infusion of the Sunesis drug. I seem to lose a little ground each week even though I'm on the drug. In the meantime they have started a 5th cohort group at a higher dosage. So far they have three guinea pigs on that dosage and they all have shown significant shrinkage of their nodes. One guy even has Richter's Transformation like me. So that could be good news. But getting me in that group may be difficult.

In the meantime, this intestinal bug has laid me low. I think I've had it for about two months, but it has gotten a lot worse over the last couple of weeks. They finally had me do a sample so that they could see if any bugs grew, and sure enough I've got something called C diff. This is a nasty little bug that wrings the nutrition and liquids out of you and leaves you with no energy. I've slept 14 or 15 hours a day, more some days, for the last two weeks.

So Keating decided to give me the week off while he negotiates with Sunesis and the antibiotic can make some progress against the intestinal bug. I don't feel a lot better yet, but in a few days I should.

So I'm in limbo again. If there is a delay in getting approval to move to the 5th cohort then he will treat me with a steroid to shrink the nodes temporarily. Psychologically, not seeing the nodes bulging out of my neck and under arms helps me, but then I have to contend with the side effects of the steroid.

More later, but it should be a no news week. Maybe I'll fill in with a little political commentary. Ooooh, that could be bad. LOL

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I am sure a week off from having to travel to Houston will do you good.

I hope you get plenty of rest this week. If you get bored and want a political minefield to play in, start with Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr.
That should keep you typing for a while!

John C.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, We keep you in thoughts and prayers each day. God bless. H & A

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Keep on keepin' on. You're in our prayers.
The political landscape is a comedian's goldmine this time around! Have fun with it. I'm always up for a good laugh!

Get some rest!

Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home