Sunday, May 04, 2008

What a Rough Couple of Weeks

Except for the bout of GvHD, this intestinal bug has been the worst thing I have ever had. The bug is known as C. diff which is short for the scientific name. It lays waste to your entire intestinal tract. I've essentially been non functional for three weeks. I'm a little better today, but not by much. I'm taking oral Vancomyecin every 6 hours round the clock. But they told me it could take 10 days to begin to get better. Today is day 9.

I'm suppose to be in Houston to see the doctor tomorrow (Monday) morning. But I decided I couldn't make the trip. Besides, we tried for the last several days to get an answer about whether Sunesis would allow me to move up to the next cohort group. Keating was out of town and the nurses, including the research nurse for this study, did not know. So we took that to mean "no news" is no news. So if they haven't heard from Sunesis, a trip to Houston is just a waste of time. So, I'm not going.

Fortunately, the nodes are not growing wildly. They are bigger in the neck, especially the right side. I look like I've got a golf ball embedded in the side of my neck on the right side, but at least it's not a tennis ball. As long as the nodes don't go wild, we have time to let things play out with Sunesis.

That's all for now.

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pray you are on the way to much improvement. God bless each step during this difficult time. H & A.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me, but then you are a Hall and have the spunk of your mother. I know these days are tough, and I pray you have strength and determination to handle all situations. Pray this bug can be stopped and soon. Happy Anniversary to you and Lynda!!!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! Keep fighting. You are constantly on our minds and in our prayers. I know you're looking forward to getting back home.

Alan

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max - You keep on hitting that ball, and we will keep on praying for your doctors and the drug company to get you well.
Kathy & Jim

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Keep up the fight buddy. We miss not seeing up "up the street." We'll be praying hard for you to get well.

Take care,

Gene Warren

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Feel better soon.

Thanks for keeping us up with your progress.

John C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home