Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still In Limbo

It looks like I'm not going to move up to the next cohort group and get the higher dose of SNS032. The subjects already in that group have had some toxicity problems with the drug. That's the whole point of a phase I study. You keep increasing the dose for each cohort group until you reach a human being's limit. These guys in the next group may have hit theirs. Sunesis is adding two more to the group and will evaluate them in 28 days. If they also develop problems then that dose may beyond what humans can tolerate. Sort of makes me glad they didn't put on the next higher dose. Ha.

That leaves several burning questions regarding treatment. One is will they have a dose that's in between the dose I'm on and the current dose? Another is what are they going to do with me otherwise?

For the time being it looks like I'm going to continue to get the drug at the dose I've been getting. In fact we start the third cycle this week. It looks like this is just holding my place in line until they decide what to do about the SNS032 dosage. I don't have many good alternatives, so this will have to do.

In the meantime, my stomach continues to get better. But I'm far from 100%.

5 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, thanks for the update. We think about you and your family often and you are constantly in our prayers. I know some of this must be painfully slow for a GA Tech engineer who likes quick and absolute answers, but stay on the course and I believe good things will happen. You are such a trooper that I and many others have found our role model through you for whatever may come our ways.
Take care.
Charlie

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max, sounds as if you were not supposed to be getting the higher dose of your treatment. Keep on keeping on and we pray for great results with your schedule. You are such a trooper and we all take notice of your courage. God bless each step of the way. H & A.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

As I said in the last post comment section, was great to have dinner with you guys last Sunday pm.
Thanks for all the updates and keep your positive attitude. Keep "Running the race with patience". You're in out prayers...

Alan

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Thanks for keep us updated on your progress. Like you said, it may have been a blessing that you did not move up to the next Cohort. Not sure how they know when you you hit your limit however does not sound like fun.

Hope you are still doing better after your 3rd cycle last week.

John C.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,

Glad to read you are feeling better. If you need to get fired up about something, UGA/GT are playing some baseball in Athens later this week. Nothing like a little rivarly to keep the blood flowing. Keep your head up and we will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

Kathy (GT) & Jim (UGA)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home